Monday, April 26, 2010

In Loving Memory, Good-Bye

 In 2007, 3 years ago,
On April 26th, a loving heart stood still
So many others were broken into pieces.

I am not saying good-bye to blogger, I am saying good-bye, because today is the day my uncle Mark died. I had to say good-bye to him. 8 days later we had the memorial, and that was the real time I said my last good-bye. He is always here with us, I know that. His spirit lives on. I found this great poem, that I would like to share. I give credit to THIS blog for the poem. He died two days before my birthday. It was a terrifying sadness, that can't seem to leave my heart.

Do not shed tears when I have gone
but smile instead because I have lived.
Do not shut your eyes and pray to God that I’ll come back
but open your eyes and see all that I have left behind.
I know your heart will be empty because you cannot see me
but still I want you to be full of the love we shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live only for yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of what happened
between us yesterday.
You can remember me and grieve that I have gone
or you can cherish my memory and let it live on.
You can cry and lose yourself become distraught
and turn your back on the world
or you can do what I want - smile, wipe away the tears,
learn to love again and go on.

Right now, I just re-read that poem, and tears came to my eyes. :) :( It is so beautiful, and so perfect. My uncle was so wonderful. He did so many generous things. I love him, and I still do. I can't explain my gratefulness for his life. I can't describe anything. 
I never wanted you 
to leave
I wanted you to stay
here holdin' me
I miss you, I miss
your smile
and I still shed a
every once in 
a while

And even though
it's different now
You're still here
somehow

My heart won't 
let you go
and I need you 
to know

I miss you...
Mark still loves me, and I need to believe that he is happy. Maybe it's time for a new start. Every new year symbolizes a new start. Miracles can happen.

Maybe it's time
for miracles
Cuz I ain't giving
up on love
 
 You know that
maybe it's time for 
miracles cuz I ain't
giving up
on love


 

3 comments:

Sally said...

Wow Dreamstar. I kinda know how you feel by not being able to explain. because sometimes it's just impossible, isn't it?

"i can't begin to explain
how much you've influenced my life.
when i try to tell you,
words just fail me."

That's the first stanza to a poem that I wrote to say goodbye. (see anecdote-stories.blogspot.com click on 'impact' on right sidebar) It won't be for a final good-bye, but still. Poetry is good for that. It flows almost like song. It's easy to get your emotions out with.

Bekah said...

Awww. Dreamstar. I'm so sorry. :(

Eldarwen said...

I'm so sorry, Dreamstar!