Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last Day

I woke up today, at 7:30AM Eastern Time, tired and weary. My feet and legs were sore, but I got up anyways, said good-bye to my dad as he went to work, and got dressed for school. I then turned on the computer, and went on while I ate my cereal.

Then, it was 8:10AM. I turned the computer off, and went downstairs to flat iron my hair(very sloppily at that. ;) ) Then, I brushed my teeth. I still had about 15 minutes 'till I had to walk to school(It was about 8:20, and I leave to walk at 8:45), so I lay on the couch in my living room. The sun was shining through the window, and it felt nice. My cat, Asia, and dog, Daisy agreed. Then, all too son I had to put on my shoes, and head out the door. I had to face the fact that it was my last day at school.

Soon, I walk into the playground, and hang around with a few people. The bell rings, we line up, and head into our last day of school...

I had brought my binder and pencil case, because I had not wanted to face the fact that it was my last day. I leave it in my bag though, as I put my bag away, and go into the classroom. I grab three chairs from the stack; one for myself, one for Jordan, and one for Bart. Since November, Bart, Cameron, Mackenzie and me have been sitting at the same table. The four of us, then Cameron moved to a different table, and Jordan replaced him. That was in March or February. So anyways, we had been a table for a long time. I was usually the first one into the classroom, so I got my table the good high chairs. But then soon, two people from another table joined our group, Kyle and Daniel. I never got them chairs. Now, our group had over 10 people. But I still only got chairs for us four...; then, I sit down and wait. Soon, Danial and Bart walk in. I smile at Bart, knowing it was my last day.

He sits down, and me Daniel and Bart just... talk. I remind myself what it old myself in the morning; that when I get home, I would cry...; I try to cherish every moment of being with him. In my class also. Then, we have to go down for our last assembly.

I sit down on the cold floor, my legs had goosebumps. It was quite long. There was a short literature, then there were many good-byes to a Gr. 1 teacher who was retiring. She had been at the school for 17 years. Every grade did something for her. Then, at the end, she said a thank-you, and a few people behind me had tears in their eyes. I wasn't in her class, so I never really knew her. It was also our Principals last day, and he said that many staff were leaving. As he said good-bye to the staff that were leaving, he called out Ms. Thomas.... the best EA ever. She acts like a 13 year old girl, and she is the best. Knowing that she was leaving, though she was only here for a year, was horrible to know. Tears came to my eyes then. Soon, the assembly was over, and we went out for our last recess.

We just talked. Recess was then over, and we lined up, and went in. As we sat at our desks, or stood around the classroom, we just talked. Some people pulled out some games like Checkers, Orthello and Chess. I watched My teacher and Bart play chess. Mr. Mancini, my teacher, was winning, though Bart was doing good too. A few people from the other class were in our classroom. Their teacher, my science teacher, came in to get them. He wanted to say one last prayer with his class.

It was then 11:40AM, 5 minutes before school ended. It was a half day. Mr Mancini got our class together also, and we said our last prayer, Hail Mary. I try not to think that, in one minute, the bell would ring. But that thought came to my mind. I hold back tears, and sit down again. Mr Mancini and Bart continue playing, and then the bell goes. I get my bag, say good-bye to my locker, then go back in the class. I watch Mr. Mancini and Bart play a bit, but they didn't finish. I said good-bye to my teacher, and walked out behind Adam and Bart, talking to them. Bart then goes into the gym to say he won't be taking the bus. I walk out of the school, by myself, wondering if I would see Bart again. Then,I look behind me, and he is walking down the hall. I smile to myself, and open the front doors, slightly holding it open for him. he says "thanks" faintly, and walks to his friends. I look behind me several times before I turn the corner, trying to remember his voice and face. I sigh, and walk out of sight.

As I walk home, I think over my day. My heart feels empty, and that's what I was thinking. Soon enough I was home. I unlock the door, and walk in. I remember how I told myself I would most likely cry when I got home. And that happened. As I walked in, tears sprung to my eyes, and I walk slowly upstairs to the computer. I turn it on, and open up a New Post. Then, I started to write out my last day at school. Once and a while, warm tears run down my face, but not that much.

As I write this, it is 12:56, tears once more well up, and I try to concentrate, but that only makes it worse. The realization is dawning on me. That was my last day. That was truly my last day. I look away from the screen, then continue typing. I hate this. I am sad, empty. I try to find happiness, but I can't. School is over. That's the truth. There's no going back now. But as I think about it, I wish there was a way to go back. To make it last longer.... I press "Publish" at 12:58. Wishing there was a way.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so well written and I can feel every emotion that you felt. Just remember, "The sun will rise tomorrow, and who knows what the tide could bring." God has so much planned for your life. For every door that closes, a new one opens. I hope you find peace in God and that you have so much life ahead of you! Good luck and God bless!
Follow back!

☪Dream said...

Ya I know. And thanks. :)

[Lauren] said...

Hello, Dreamstar! I'm just commenting to tell you that you won an award on my Blogger Beauty Pageant on my newest post! Feel free to take the award if you'd like.

Thanks,
[Laurea] at Center Stage

www.my-center-stage.blogspot.com

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary :) Mine was just a couple days ago.