Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Editing

I have started editing my "the City to the Forest" book two days ago! I started writing it in Gr.3. There are 6 pages and 6 chapters. I finished in the middle of Gr.5. I know! I know! Horrible isn't it? But I didn't FORCE myself to write! I just let it come to me. I am now editing it! Hoping to get it published someday! I have only edited the first paragraph so far, but the first paragraph is MUCH longer then the original!! Which I think is great! I shall give you a sneak peek! But from my first draft of course.... I shall choose my favourite part. But it will be pretty bad! Because I wrote it SOOO long ago and I have a new writing style! Hopefully I will get it published! When and if I do, I shall tell you all, then my real name will be revealed.... Anything italicized is a fave part of mine! Also! I will tell you AFTER I write this out what it is sort of about, and who is talking. I am going to change the name of the main character though...

A New Friend
Chapter 3

"Lula was my new friend. We did everything together. From hunting to just playing around. I thought that she would be by my side forever. Well, I thought wrong.
   One day we were hunting. We had just finished a very good hunt, catching many small animals, and we were on our way home. Lula put down her prey because she scented a rabbit. She told me to walk on. All of a sudden, after she was gone, I heard a gun shot. I knew something had happened to Lula. I ran through bushes, and found her lying on the ground. I knew right away, my friend, my companion, was dead. I pulled her into some cover, before the hunters came, and lay beside her."

Well! That was the WHOLE third chapter! I know short right? But hopefully by the time I will be done editing it, there will be a few extra chapters and each chapter will be longer and have much more detail and sentence structure!!

This story is about a female collie, who looks like a wolf. Lula, IS a wolf, but the collie isn't. The collie is just a silver, black colour! Hope you enjoyed it! And PLEASE NO copying this little bit! It will be in the finished copy, but longer, and this is one of my fave chapters! Please! Thanks!






0 comments: